Well, have you made them?
Have you broken them yet?
Did you just decide that it’s hopeless and so you’re skipping this year?
I really have not had very good luck with that exercise/lose weight goal that I set every year, so this year, I will set some goals that I will not do – hope to have better luck with these:
- I will not go a day without prayer because when I start my day with gratitude and a few requests, my day always goes better
- I will not be distracted. I will focus on whatever task I am doing while I am doing it. This may sound strange because mundane tasks seem like they are a good opportunity to think about other things, but staying in the present moment helps me to appreciate even the littlest things
- I will not jump to judgement….especially if it is negative.
- I will not miss an opportunity to be kind
- And finally…….I will not forget that these ‘will nots’ will never be possible without God’s help
Anyone care to join me in my ‘NOT’ New Year’s Resolutions?